< back to main page | contact details
While at NCC Peter managed the Bassetlaw schools scheme which, with a capital value of over £110 million, was one of the largest and most complex schools PFI schemes in the country at the time it was approved. He also has extensive experience of conventional procurement of new school buildings and so knows how to enable clients to become more effective in their role and get more from their projects.
With this experience behind him and a wide variety of consultancy work since 2003, Peter has developed a very successful business working with Local Authorities, individual schools and private sector clients throughout England specialising in:
- Expert support and advice to individuals and teams in Local Authorities to help them develop, progress and deliver their proposals successfully and quickly by becoming better and more confident clients;
- Supporting the development of robust project management and governance arrangements with Local Authorities and schools to enable them to get the best out of available funding opportunities and create vibrant, creative learning environments;
- Tailored advice and training to project teams and client firms on specific issues, using his wide experience of other projects throughout the country; enabling the right people to develop the right knowledge, skills and insight to deliver successful projects;
- Briefing stakeholders including head teachers, governors, elected members and senior officers on developments such as Building Schools for the Future (BSF) and other funding avenues so they can see what is on offer, how to access it and the implications for them;
- Working with UK contractors to help them develop their knowledge and skills to bid more successfully for schools' sector work, for example by adopting the 'client role' as a critical friend. Supporting them in matching their bids with schools' and Local Authorities' aspirations and needs;
- The development of in-house expertise which stays with the organisation and helps to develop successful and quality outcomes over a sustained period.
Brief career history
Since December 2003 4Ps' Associate, working on BSF and other PFI schools projects. Also an experienced Gateway reviewer and trainer.
- More than 20 LAs throughout the country;
- Private sector clients including architects, contractors and project managers;
- A number of individual schools including 3 Voluntary Aided schools and a Specialist Language College, where he has been employed directly by governors.
1998 to 2003
PFI Project Manager, NCC. Management of all aspects of the PFI process including bid writing, liaison and briefing of stakeholders and bidders, contract preparation, leading and managing negotiations with shortlisted bidders, evaluating bids and BAFOs, liaising with the SPV during construction phase.
1987 to 1998
Education Officer, NCC. Involved in planning and delivering the council's capital programme. Also spent spells with the Operations Division and the Curriculum and Professional Development Service.
1981 to 1987
Teacher, leading to post as Head of Economics and Business Studies Faculty at Medina High School, Newport, Isle of Wight.
1976 to 1980
Management trainee leading to Director of Universal Conveyor Company Ltd, Leicester.
For a more detailed CV and references, please contact Peter who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.